Role of the Sage Ambassador
Having a "buddy" at work can make a huge difference to the speed at which you will settle into your role and understand the business and our culture. Just knowing there is someone there to listen who is genuinely interested in helping can make you feel supported. Here at Sage, we allocate an induction buddy (known as a Sage Ambassador) to all new colleagues. Your line manager will let you know who this person will be.
Your Sage Ambassador is someone who is prepared to be:
- A key contact.
- An informal source of information on your team and department.
- A friendly face.
- Someone who knows how things work across the organisation and is prepared to share their experiences.
Personal attributes of your Sage Ambassador include:
- The ability to listen.
- Openness and commitment to the importance of the Sage Ambassador role.
- Good time management and self management skills.
- Relevant knowledge and experience to be able to provide the right level of support.
- An honest and considerate approach to giving feedback and asking challenging questions including the ability to give constructive feedback.
- Ability to identify learning opportunities.
- Ability to use questions to encourage new starters to think for themselves.
- A willingness to learn.
Roles and responsibilities of a Sage Ambassador
Your Sage Ambassador will take a supportive role during your induction period and possibly beyond. You can expect your Sage Ambassador to support you in some or all of the following:
- Helping you to navigate your way around the building and make full use of the facilities available to you.
- Showing you how to carry out aspects of your role Answering your questions.
- Providing information, signpost information, and provide informal support.
- Introducing you to other colleagues who are important to your role.
- Helping you to understand the formal and informal culture and structures at Sage.
- Encouraging you to ask questions if you are unsure about any aspects of your role.
- Arranging to go for coffee or lunch so you can enjoy the social side of working here and feel part of the team